Home & Garden

Arts & crafts & yarn shops in the Vaucluse/Bouche

theoreticalbunny writes in Home & Garden

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any art supply and/or craft stores and yarn stores in the Vaucluse or Bouches-du-Rhône areas, or the southern Drôme. I already know about Michel in Aix, which is fabulous - is there a store like that in Avignon? Also would like to know about your favorite yarn shops for when my knitting-crazy mother comes to visit us. I have a list of great fabric stores already but haven't had much luck finding a yarn store worth a detour. Thank you in advance!

Posted on: 09/07/2009 at 07:32

I've got good wool from phildar in avignon before - they have excellent sales also so good time to go - big chain so you can find them on the net. It's on rue fourbisseurs and is almost next door to a bigger yarn shop (which is rather pricey).

Posted on: 09/07/2009 at 10:44

There is an Anny Blatt store on the rue de Rome near the corner of rue Moustier in Marseille which is good and La Droguerie in the rue Vacon is great for threads and other accessories.

Posted on: 09/07/2009 at 13:31

Thank you for your replies! I do already know about Tissus Grégoire - what a wonderful place it is too. Would be great to have a yarn equivalent!

I'll check out the stores in Avignon and Marseille.

Posted on: 10/07/2009 at 13:32

Content Sponsor

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money... Find out more...

Bupa Global

This July, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour medical... Find out more...

Banque Populaire Cote d'Azur International Branch

Banking services in English on the French Riviera. We offer current and savings accounts,... Find out more...

Become a Member

Register to become a member of AngloINFO Provence

Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.

Read More...

Essentials

Bookshop

Browse and buy interesting and relevant books relating to France and Provence

Read More...

Featured Business

The Spectrum IFA Group

Professional financial advice. Services include insurance, mortgages, savings and investments... Read more...

Van with a Man for An Easy Move

Local and International Removals & Storage. Anything, Anytime, Anywhere. From one item to... Read more...

Bupa - free quote for your international health insurance

Click on the website link for a free quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family:... Read more...

Essentials

Emergency Numbers in Provence

Find out vital information on who to call and what to do in an emergency...

Read More...
Mobile Site