For competitive motor insurance no-one will try harder than us to find you the best deal, no... Find out more...
Marseille Metro, Bus and Tram Services
Information and contact details for the RTM, the Marseille metro and bus system...
The RTM (Régie des Transports de Marseille) is the public transport service for Marseille. It is made up of buses, the metro and the tramway.
The Marseille fare system is called Reseau Liberté. Tickets are valid for metro, tram and buses, with free transfer within a one hour period. The ticket must be validated on each transfer. The machines are located at the entrance to the platforms on the metro, on the platforms for the trains and trams and by the front door on the buses.
- For a map of the reseau: Click here (PDF)
- For information on the different types of tickets: Click here (in French)
- For information on the Transpass card for regular travelers: Click here (in French)
There are two metro lines that both stop at the main train station and run north and south in the downtown area.
- M1 runs between La Rose and La Fourragère. Journey time about 19 minutes
- M2 runs between Bourgainville and Ste Margarite Dromel. Journey time about 16 minutes
The Marseille Métro operates from 05:00 in the morning until 23:00 in the evening, with trains every 5 minutes. Service is extended until 00:30 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
There are two transfer stations: Castellane and St Charles (Central rail station).
Trams run everyday from 05:00 until 0:35 (last departure).
- T1 runs between Noailles and Les Caillols
- T2 runs between Arenc le Silo and Blancarde Foch
- For detailed information about the buses serving the area, see the INFOrmation Page Bus Services in Provence
The Marseille bus system serves l'Estaque, Vallon des Auffes and the Corniche.
- To download a detailed bus map: Click here
Tickets are sold at company ticket counters or on the bus.
- Marseille Bus Station
At: 3 place Victor Hugo, Marseille
Marseille Provence Airport (Marignane) is 25km from Marseille. There are shuttle buses to Marseille St Charles station (journey time 20 to 30 minutes) and to Aix en Provence bus station (journey time 30 to 40 minutes).
- For more information about the airport shuttle: Click here
Taxis are available 24 hours a day and can be ordered in advance.
- Airport Taxis
Tel: 04 42 14 24 44